November 29, 2008

Week One of knowing, Week 6 after Conception. This weeks thing is BS

Alright. Things have settled down a little bit. The "Oh shit my life is over. I'm never going to get to see Europe, Bali, or Fiji. I don't know how to be a parent. This kid is going to end up worse then me and that's saying something." feeling has worn off. Most of our family is up to speed. Our close friends are on board. They're surprised, but on board. And like I said. The shock and panic have subsided into sort of a constant nagging "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit..." chanting in the background.

The plans have started for converting the library into the nursery. Don't get the wrong impression. The library is a book shelf and a chair. Lulu went through her closet today to pack up the items that she'll not be wearing for the next few months. I tried to ask for binkies and blankets for my upcoming birthday, but I was told I should be asking for things for myself. How do they know I haven't regressed in to some pacifier sucking Linus? They don't know.

I think I'll be reaching out to the people I know that have recently brought children in to the world to find out how they do and and see if they have any tips for us.