February 26, 2009

our new (larger) bundle of joy

Yippee, special delivery today! Not from the stork, but from the friendly UPS delivery man.


It arrived wrapped up all snug with cute twill tape ties- excellent touch, West Elm! I think it's just right in it's new home. It's been a challenge to find the perfect rug for this space, since we already have a lot of stuff going on with the red couch and lots of green accents, plus the browns of the floor and chairs and the grey slate tile and white brick fireplace- it's not as chaotic as it sounds, but now you can understand the dilemma.

I've seen a couple that I like, but they're always too something to be just right. Too red, too patterned, too "Ikea", or what-have-you. Then I saw this little gem at West Elm, and I thought I just might have something. There's the brown and the red and the grey and the ivory all there, and it's just graphic and modern enough to not create any more unnecessary jumble in the room.


And of course adding to my pleasure is the fact that I got it for 20% off! I win!