March 12, 2009

happy stacker

Well, it took a little bit longer than I anticipated to complete this project, but that's probably because I have the attention span of a gnat and was simultaneously working on about six others. These little donuts are kind of tricky to sew, but once you wrap your brain around the way they fit together, they come together quickly.



Overall, I'm happy with the Happy Stacker, and I wouldn't hesitate to try other patterns in Heather Bailey's collection. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the end result is great. I think our little bug will have a good time gnawing on these and stacking them up.



And yes, these are photos taken OUTSIDE! In the sunshine! Of course, there's still a sprinkling of crusty snow in the shady parts of the yard, but the sun is out and I don't care! I'm gonna bundle up and go get some plants in the ground- I don't care if I can see my breath. SUNSHINE!!