March 30, 2009

oliver + s playsuit


Here is my latest creation from the oliver + s tea party pattern: the playsuit. This time I used rick rack to trim out the bodice instead of the flat fabric piping, and I think it's a cute detail. The pattern provides instructions to include snap-tape in the inseam to make diaper changes easier, and I chose that for this outfit. I had no idea it was going to be such a pain to install the tape, but after a bit of trial and error I finally got it right!


I think in the right fabric, this would be an adorable outfit for a little boy, so I'm planning to put some together before July comes for our own monkey. Meanwhile, this is just a bit of a whole ton of girly fabric that I in my stash, so this is going up in the shop with the ladybug dress.