March 25, 2009

oliver + s tea party sundress



In an effort to use up some of the fabric that I've accumulated over the years and also to keep myself busy during this period of unemployment, I've decided to try my hand at making clothes. I love the patterns by oliver + s and they have a great boutique sewer program that allows you to sell the creations you've made with their patterns. I plan to post this dress along with a few more in my etsy shop over the next week or so.

This particular style is the tea party sundress, and I just love it. The skirt has princess seams and an adorable flared shape, and there's even the oliver + s signature hem facing, which allows for a little burst of unexpected color when your little one twirls around (the facing on my dress is red).

I also took a cue from the ladybug print of the skirt fabric and embroidered a little bug on the buns of the bloomers. Oliver + s recommends sewing a little piece of ribbon into the back hem so you can tell the front from the back, but I think my way is cuter!

This dress is 3-6 month size, but I plan to use it just as a sample and make the requested size to order once they're up in the shop.

More photos here if you're interested.