April 27, 2009

hurry home!

Gus is coming home from a business trip to Vegas in less than an hour and I can't wait to see him! I missed him a bunch as always.

I find this whole traveling for work thing to be interesting. On one hand, he gets to go lots of places that I would love to visit, like Atlanta and Vegas and New Orleans, and I get a little bit jealous sometimes. On the other hand, he spends ALL DAY in the convention centers when he's there, so it's not like he's doing a bunch of fun stuff that I'm missing out on. That makes it easier. 

And although having no job and no obligations and no one in the house waking up to go to work messes with my sense of time, when he's gone I'm really productive! Usually I paint or rearrange furniture or something, but this time I just sewed and sewed and sewed. I finished my third top for Spring Top Week this morning, and I'm so happy with it I actually wore it today. In public! It was another super easy pattern (Simplicity 2892, view D), and despite my choice of slippery fabric and skipping a couple of steps, it still turned out well.


I'm also really excited to have hubby home for the sake of my poor baby's diet. I really have very little motivation to cook normal healthy meals for just myself, so I usually end up eating whatever's lying around. Take the last few days, for example, when dinner has consisted of ice cream and a piece of toast with cheddar one night, macaroni and cheese and some grapes the next night, and leftover pad thai and potato chips another. Yeah, it's not pretty. I figure since I'm pregnant though, I can just blame it on weird cravings instead of my laziness!

So tonight in honor of my man's homecoming and my return to some semblance of a schedule, I have a pot of chili bubbling away on the stove and I went to the grocery store today! I know, it may not sound like much, but that's really quite an accomplishment for a gal who showered at 5:30 pm yesterday!