April 23, 2009

lola apron

I finally finished the adult version of the apron for Mom's auction (the Lola apron) and I'm so relieved! Naturally, I procrastinated (as I am wont to do) until the last minute, and then of course my sewing machine broke down approximately twenty minutes after I got started.

I was able to borrow Mom's machine, but it just wasn't the same and I spent a good deal of yesterday swearing and mumbling under my breath. By mid afternoon I had to just leave it, or I was sure I was going to throw the whole project out the window. Today I woke up refreshed and ready to give it another shot, and then twenty minutes after I began I ran out of thread. Seriously?

It was just one of those projects, but I really do like the way it turned out. I think the mommy/daughter pair is just precious and I do hope they can get something decent for them at the auction.