April 25, 2009

spring top week

Inspired by the Spring craftiness happening all over the internets, I've decided to join the club and make a couple of submissions for Spring Top Week hosted by Made By Rae. Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm coincidentally fatting-out of all of my clothes. Nothing.


I started with a simple tank from a McCall's pattern (M5388, view B) that I picked up on sale at Joann for 99 cents and some fabric from my stash. This is not a maternity pattern, but thanks to the generous cut and lots of gathering, I had no trouble packing my 27-weeks of belly inside of it with room to spare. I actually ended up adding a tie to the back to lessen the effect of the tent-like proportions.


This tank was super easy and came together in just a few hours. I think if I were to make it again I would probably take some of the fullness out of the back, and maybe shorten it up a bit.

I have plans in the works for two or three more tops including one from Rae's own adorable ruffle top tutorial on Sew Mama Sew, but we'll see how I do. I've been known to occasionally drop a project mid-stream for no particular reason (oooh- shiny thing across the room!)...