May 14, 2009

30 weeks


Well, here we are at the start of the 30th week. Lincoln will likely be on board for another eleven full weeks, maybe longer! As you can see, space is at a premium these days, and my uterus reaches all the way up- I can feel his feet right up underneath my boobs when I'm sitting down now.

We met with the midwife again yesterday, and I'm really just so happy that we made the switch. She spent an hour chatting with us and getting to know our history and our pregnancy, and she even asked permission before she touched my belly. Something about that simple little act of courtesy really made an impression on me. She felt around from the outside and located his head, which is already down where it belongs. Of course it's early and he may not stay that way, but I like to think that he's an obedient little guy and he will!