June 17, 2009

let's blame Baby!

Over a week ago, Glenna of Your Fabric Place was sweet enough to grant this sad little excuse for a blog the One Lovely Blog Award. I was flattered and surprised, and of course I meant to pass the love along right away, but I find that I need about an extra week to accomplish just about anything these days. Obviously, I blame Baby, who is robbing my brain of vital nutrients and making me a slow, bumbling shadow of my former fabulousness.

So without (any further) further ado, here are the One Lovely Blog Award rules:


1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Now, I read A LOT of different blogs, and I'm always adding new ones to the mix. The "good reads" link on the sidebar there probably accounts for about 1/3 of the feeds currently in my Google Reader list, and hubby has just as many that he follows. You could say that we're blog addicts.

I'm not what you would really call an "active" member of the blogosphere though, more of a lurker. Since I can't keep track, and none of these bloggers know how long I've been reading anyway, I'm going to cheat a little bit on the "newly discovered" bit in the second rule above and just give this award out as I see fit.

It's my blog and I can do that. If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to blame Baby.

So, here's my own list of Lovely Blogs that I think deserve a little pat on the virtual back. Thanks for helping me learn new things and pass the time as I wait for the little man to arrive.

1. Amazing Mae
15. Yummy Goods

I encourage you to check out these blogs and say hello! I've used each of these as a resource for various things- cooking, gardening, home decor, baby-wrangling, sewing, crafting, and obviously, entertainment. Maybe you'll like them too!

Incidentally, here are some other things that we're blaming Baby for at the moment:
- My inability to return phone calls (or even listen to voice mail until approximately 1 week has gone by).
- The melasma that has developed near my right eye.
- My insomnia.
- Our shopping habit and incessant need to have fourteen projects going at any one time (we're nesting).
- My poor memory. Have I mentioned that? I forget.

If you too are looking for a scapegoat, I highly recommend procreation as a solution.