July 18, 2009

progress?

Well, I've been taking my duties as baby liner-upper quite seriously since the last appointment, and I think maybe we're getting somewhere. There's been a big long walk around the neighborhood taking place daily (despite the heat), and I've even willed myself to sleep almost the entire night on my left side instead of my usual rotisserie style hourly rotation.

It also helped that I found a great website that helped me visualize what was where in my baby-house, as I'm kind of spatially challenged and just can't picture how he's tucked in there. Belly Mapping is a way to use the movements you feel to determine the direction that your baby is lying, and the site also offers techniques to encourage the flipping of a less-than-ideally placed little one.

Although I think it seems that Junior seems to prefer the Right Occiput Transverse (ROT) position to the more preferable Left Occiput Transverse (LOT), he's still flipping back and forth between them. And I think he's working his way down, at least a bit, because I can't see my belly button anymore. I tried to take a photo to verify this change in the shape of my middle, but it looks exactly like the picture I took on Thursday. Curious indeed, but I swear! My belly button has disappeared like a ship over the horizon.

Stay tuned for more exciting developments in this arena.