August 6, 2009

more mixer covers!

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from a customer on Etsy wondering if I could do a custom mixer cover for her. Of course I said yes, and then she replied that she would be on vacation for a couple of weeks and would contact me when she got back...

I figured that I would be up to my neck in baby by the time she returned, but fortunately that wasn't the case, and the fabric that she selected arrived yesterday. I busted my buns last night and this morning to make sure that they would be done and out of the way in case Lincoln decided to arrive (hint, hint, little guy!) and I made it.

I think they turned out well. It's not fabric that I would select myself, but I know that she likes it because she picked it! Hopefully she's pleased with the results.



Last week I had also decided to experiment with a more tailored version and created a cover for my own kitchen.

I've had the black and white fabric for a while and had planned to make a skirt from it, but decided that it would make a good cover instead. The striped fabric was stolen from a maternity shirt that I thrifted, altered, and then never ended up wearing.

I think I like this version as well- it's nice to have a more refined style for certain fabrics and kitchens that don't lend themselves as easily to ruffles.


Since I'm apparently going to be pregnant for another few million years, maybe I'll be able to get a couple more up in the shop soon!