September 17, 2009

mei tai carrier

Since we haven't had much luck finding a baby carrier that Lincoln fits well in and will tolerate, I decided to try making my own. I used Meg's mei tai pattern that I picked up at a local quilting shop.

The fabric came from my stash- it was a shower curtain in our second bathroom in its previous life. The size provided plenty of yardage for the extra wide and long straps and the main body. I lined the carrier with a soft yellow fabric from an old dress shirt that Gus doesn't wear anymore.


The pattern came together quickly and was super easy to follow. There is an error on one of the pattern pieces regarding how many pieces to cut, but I was able to figure it out from the instructions before it tripped me up. Overall, I'm happy with the result and it gives us one more option in our baby wearing wardrobe.