November 28, 2009

it seems like yesterday

I can't believe it's been over a year since we found out that Lincoln was going to be joining us and turning our freshly-married coupledom into a little family. The return of the Apple Cup today is what made me realize, because it was the day of the Cougar's exciting win last year that I took not one, but three pregnancy tests and nearly lost my shit because I couldn't believe the results!

It's safe to say that a lot has changed since then, and I couldn't be happier to be where we are now. If only I could count on the Cougs to deliver today like they did last year, we'd be in good shape! Unfortunately, with a record like they have now (1-10) and ZERO conference wins this season, I'm not terribly optimistic.

I am so thankful for our life now, and for my sweet little man who is changing so fast and surprises and delights me every day.


Daddy's feeling a bit under the weather today, so we we're just laying low and hoping that the monkey and I don't get it. Here's hoping that my stubborn determination and my magical immune-boosting milk will deliver and keep us healthy!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And Go Cougs!