January 3, 2010

Big Surprise!

Guess what?

Lincoln LOVES food! I know, I know, you're shocked.

We decided to try giving him a bit of rice cereal this weekend, just to see if he would like it. Turns out he thinks it's pretty yummy, and he couldn't have been happier unless we would have plunked him right down in a big vat of the stuff.


He was all about getting his whole body involved in the process. He was leaning way over, and grabbing the bowl and the spoon like maybe we could get it in just a little faster if he helped enough.


We tried again the next day for breakfast, and he was still excited!


I don't think we're quite ready to make solid(ish) food a part of our daily routine just yet, but we're close. He's not quite sitting up well enough on his own to make the target very easy to hit.

We did get the Beaba Babycook for Christmas from my sister though, and I'm excited to give that a whirl. Watch this space for pureed squash on the chin in the very near future!