April 6, 2010

Oh, for shame!

I recently took some photos of my sewing room to showcase just how awful things have gotten in there in the hopes that it would shame me into action. You can see the whole, embarrassing debacle here:


Hopefully I'll have some promising "after" shots to show off soon. And by soon, I mean sometime in the next decade, obviously. Aim low, that's our motto!

Honestly, the problem (at least in my mind) is less the stuff itself, and more the way I'm utilizing the storage. The room has served as a parking spot for all the random storage cabinets and shelves that we have around the house, and I've tried my best to use them wisely. Unfortunately, that hasn't always happened, and I have a lot of underused space and misguided stashing going on in there.

I know that there's a way to reorganize the space in a way that makes a lot more sense, and I'm determined to figure that out. I'm afraid if I don't, I'll go in there someday and never escape, having been swallowed alive by a toppling tower of fabric.

Wish me luck!