I bought this top last summer on mega sale at macy's. I was wearing Lincoln in the Ergo at the time, so I didn't bother to try it on since it was so cheap (I don't remember exactly, but it was less than $10) and I knew that I could easily return it if I didn't like it. Well, I didn't like it, but time has a way of mysteriously slipping away, and almost a full year later it was still sitting in a pile in my sewing room waiting to be turned into something I would wear. I like the detail on the back, but the full and drapey neckline just wasn't doing it for me.
Here's the cute embroidered back that really makes this top fun:
And here it is after I made my super simple modifications. I tucked all that drapeyness inside, then ran a long gathering stitch along the neckline where it folded over. Pulled the thread tight, knotted it off, and it was good to go. I also cut off that extra modesty panel right where it was stitched in. The fabric is jersey and won't ravel, so there was no need to even hem. So easy, and much more likely to be something I'll wear now!
I love an easy fix like that! Too bad it took me so long to get around to it.