April 28, 2011

it's sew fun!

I was so excited today when I saw that Jen of Sew Fun patterns had posted on her blog about my Grab & Go Diaper clutches. You know that you're doing something right when the pattern designer herself says so! Thanks Jen!



























I was decidedly less excited to see this:

















Please ignore my old man hands (thanks, Grandpa Louis!) and let's focus instead on that black spot on the left side of my wedding band. That's a hole! Where a diamond used to live! A teeny little diamond that fell out somewhere between home and the Costco parking lot, never to be found again.

When I looked down at my hand and noticed, my heart sunk into my stomach. My ring is a family heirloom that has been in the James family for generations, and some of the tiny diamonds in the band were from my mom's ring, so there's a whole mashup thing going on there with lots of sentimental value. Luckily, I have a couple more diamonds left from mom's ring, so we can have it fixed. But until then, sadness every time I look down!