May 9, 2011

the fight takes flight

Cancer sucks. That's not news, and everyone knows someone whose life has been tragically cut short by this disease. So when I was asked to contribute to The American Cancer Society's Hope Gala auction, I was more than happy to say yes.

My contribution to the auction isn't much compared to an amazing trip to Australia, a shopping spree, or some of the other great items, but I hope that it will generate something for this worthy cause.

I chose to make a custom package of twilltape kitchen accessories, including a stand mixer cover, an apron, potholders, and tea towels. The black and white damask pattern is striking and modern, and paired with red I think it's a classic look that I hope will appeal to many tastes.



Hubby was sweet enough to make a sign for me to send along. It's hard to tell what you're looking at when items like this are folded up on a table. I think seeing them in action will make it more appealing.

What do you think? Would you bid on it? It's for a good cause!