January 3, 2012

Growing, changing, rearranging.

Whew! December was a crazy month. I visited this site today for the first time in ages, and realized that it was December 1 when I last posted! In the last month, I've been sewing like a mad woman and am happy to report that 2011 ended on a very positive note as far as my little shop goes. I've yet to settle on a firm direction for 2012, but I'm excited to see how things shape up!

I managed to squeeze in a little bit of sewing for myself this month too, and tried two patterns by Megan Nielson: the Pina Dress & Top, and the Perfect Nursing & Maternity Top. Official pattern reviews to follow on patternreview.com, but for now I will just say that I heartily recommend both patterns!

Pina top with long sleeves
Perfect nursing top with 3/4 sleeve
You might notice that there's a LOT more belly there than there was previously. That's a natural side-effect of being (holy crap) just SIX short weeks from Thing 2's arrival. And actually, these pics are a couple of weeks old, so add a centimeter or two to that girth and you're all caught up.

Other than that, we've been keeping busy rearranging our living space to accomodate the new arrival, and making some modifications to make our rooms more usable. In fact, as I type this, I'm seated at my half of our new built-in his & hers desk set-up that hubby and I completed over the course of a few days over his winter vaca. Pics to come soon, once I finish putting all my crap away in its new (much more organized) home.

I'll be back to share more in the next few days. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year! And apologies for the lack of Christmas card if you're someone that would normally have received one. I had hope up until the eleventh hour that I would get my act together enough to get one in the mail, but it just never happened. Then, I even renewed my plan and decided that maybe a New Year's card was a more realistic goal and failed on that one too. Better luck next year! You know we love you, right? You don't need a card for that.