February 2, 2012

baby stuff

No baby yet, but we're officially full-term now at 37 weeks and counting. She could come any time now, and here's hoping she does! I'm really ready for my crappy sleep to be due to an actual real-life baby instead of just the discomfort that said baby is causing me.

37 weeks, 2 days
More pics here.

We've been closely monitoring Thing 2's growth, since big brother was such a beast at birth (10 lbs, 1 oz at 42 weeks), and we were happy to find out this week that she seems to be on a slower and gentler trajectory. Ultrasound results revealed that at 37 weeks, she's hanging out at the very reasonable 71st percentile. This is an improvement over the 32 week ultrasound which predicted she was closer to the 86th. I, for one, am happy to hear that she's slowed her roll a little bit, because I was not looking forward to a repeat of Lincoln's birth.

And so, as of yesterday, we've arrived at the 3-week countdown. We scheduled a c-section for February 22nd, in case the little darling thinks that she is welcome to overstay her time in utero like big bro did. She most assuredly is not. I'm confident that she'll be making a more timely appearance anyway, but just in case- we've got that plan b already on the books.

Meanwhile, we're trying to ready for the addition and the chaos that will come along. I finally completed the new curtains for their bedroom, as I mentioned before, and then finally got around to taking a couple of (crappy) photos of them. Enjoy!



The fabric is the Zoo Pals collection by Dwell Studios, and since it's a pretty old group I was able to find it at the local fabric outlet for cheap. Just $8/yard for nice heavy home-dec weight, but unfortunately there wasn't much left. I took the last two yards of the animals and the end of the dots too (about 1.5 yards), and then pieced in the missing length with the stripes. The colors are perfect for the pale blue and green paint scheme we have going on in there, and neutral enough that we thought it could go either boy or girl. Good news, since this room will be housing one of each in a few weeks!

I also managed to make this adorable hooded car seat blanket that a friend suggested I check out on Imperfect Homemaking, and I'm so glad I took the time. It was a super quick project, and although I admittedly struggled a bit to embrace the "imperfection" of it, being more of a precision-based sewer and total type-A crazy person, I'm happy with my results nonetheless.



The inside has yummy vanilla minky that is so soft and snuggly. And the cute little birdy print flannel is just a cheapo yard that I picked up at JoAnn on mega sale, but I couldn't resist. So precious! I'm confident that with a sweet little baby snuggled up warm and toasty in there, the whole package is going to become even more irresistible.

Can't wait to share some more news and photos once the Little Miss decides to make her appearance. It won't be longer than three weeks! Just 21 20 days! Holy crap! Better get our butts in gear and our nest feathered.