May 8, 2012

Straight Stitch Society

Have you seen the new pattern collection by Liesl? I'm sure you already know her as the genius behind my beloved Oliver + S pattern line, and the Lisette collection for Simplicity. Now there's Straight Stitch Society- a collection of four patterns (so far) that are simple and fun, and designed to get you out of a potential sewing rut and bust through that stash.



As Liesl said on her blog:

We wanted to make some sewing patterns for little, fun projects. Projects that wouldn’t take a lot of fabric and might even allow you to use up some of your stash. (I know you have one.) Sewing patterns with an attitude (because I know you have one of those, too–don’t play all innocent with me). Sewing with the patterns would feel a little bit like attending a Friday night sewing club with your girlfriends. You know those nights when you get together, open a bottle of wine (or something a little stronger), and get busy making whatever excites you that week while you blow off a little steam.
I'm just in love with the little Apples to Oranges sewing kit, and the Feed the Animals coin purse. I think these little babies all sewn up will make perfect gifts for Lincoln's teachers at preschool. In fact, I'm so smitten with the whole collection, that I ordered some up for the shop 'cause I know you'll love them too.

And please, go check out the SSS manifesto. I'm sure you'll agree that it's brilliant. I'm totally printing off a copy to hang on the wall in my sewing room.